Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer with mets in right eye (1), multiple lymph nodes (8+), and brain (2).
Radiosurgery to treat the two brain tumors on 7 Nov and started crizotinib (Xalkori) 8 Nov. Had an incredible response to Xalkori.
Scans at the Mayo show fantastic improvement – the eye tumors are completely gone, one brain tumor is gone, one brain tumor has shrunk, lymph node tumors seem generally steady but there are 2 new brain tumors and some fishiness about the liver.
Confirmed resistance to crizotinib (Xalkori). Begin attempts to secure lorlatinib.
Second round of radiosurgery on the 2 new brain tumors 10 Apr. Begin lorlatinib 20 Apr.
Began Care Oncology Clinic protocol.
Confirmed that previously identified liver lesions of uncertain malignancy are indeed cancerous.
Declared “No Evidence of Disease” (NED) at Hong Kong Adventist
Second opinion at SCCA backpedals to “No Active Disease” (NAD) in the body, new activity in the brain with “possible leptomeningeal involvement”.
All is steady. Feeling healthier and more positive than I ever have. Threatening to become one of those assholes who says “cancer is the best thing that ever happened to me.”
- March 2020 Test Results: Pandemic Edition
- February 2020 Updates: Intuition Edition or “My Oncologist is Trying to Kill Me”
- February 2020 SCCA Brain Consult
- January 2020 Blood Test Results
- December 2019 Test Results: Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Edition
- October 2019 Blood Test and Scan Results
- Metabolic Health Summit 2020: I’ll be there!
- September 2019 Blood Test Results
- August Blood Test Results
- July Update from the Mayo Clinic
- June Blood Test Results and an International Drug Caper
- Care Oncology Metabolic Protocol
- Making the Move to the Public Hospital
- May Blood Test Results and One Month Lotlatinib Check-in
- Compassionate Use Lorlatinib is in Hong Kong
- Being Your Own Advocate & Questioning the Details
- Lorlatinib Week 1
- TKI Transition: Crizotinib to Lorlatinib
- An Increased Sense of Urgency and Adjustment to the Plan
- April Blood Test Results
- Radiosurgery Part Deux
- Lorlatinib is on its way!
- Lorlatinib Update: Lots of Activity, No Real Progress
- March Scan Results & Treatment Plan Update
- Post-Xalkori Resistance Updates
- My New Brain Tumors Are All Grown Up
- March Monthly Check In: Xalkori Resistance Edition
- A Small Step Back
- Amazing Progress in the Past Month
- Carnival of Medicine: My Mayo Clinic Experience
- Crizotinib v Lorlatinib: Disregarding the advice of some of the world’s best doctors
- Mayo Clinic Update: Xalkori works great! Stop taking Xalkori!
- Two Month Blood Work Results
- Details on My Cancer’s Genomic Alterations
- Gratitude in the New Year
- History of My Cancer
- Ode to Hong Kong Adventist Hospital
- On Drugs and Money Part 2: The Solution + Plan
- On Drugs and Money
- Delayed Radiation Side Effects
- ROS1ders: A Community of People With My Mutation
- One Week of Xalkori and Feeling Great
- More on Treatment
- Radiation Fallout
- Radiosurgery Success
- Brain Radiosurgery Prep
- Good News! My Cancer Cells Have “Significant Mutations”
- I can breathe again!, or Best Husband Ever