I’m so excited to say that Brad and I committed to fly back to the US to attend the Fourth Annual Metabolic Health Summit in Long Beach next year. While it will be a nice chance to catch up with friends and family in Los Angeles, I’m very keen to hear the latest research for metabolic health, specifically as it applies to cancer.
Dr. Thomas Seyfried, the Boston University cancer researcher whose work has been driving the recent paradigm shift from somatic mutation theory to metabolic theory of cancer, so often referenced on this blog, will be speaking. Joining him are many other scientists and researchers whose work and instagram accounts I follow:
- Denise Potter, RD, CSP, CDE, Registered Dietitian and Ketogenic Medical Nutrition Therapy Expert
My dietitian, actually. I had no idea she was a speaker until I happened to be looking over the lineup for this conference. She’s amazing and I can’t wait to hear what she shares.
- Barbara Kofler, PhD, Cancer Metabolism and Ketogenic Diet Researcher at Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg
- Mary Newport, MD, Physician, Alzheimer’s Researcher, Author
- Brianna Stubbs, PhD, Ketone Metabolism & Aging Researcher
- Adrianna Stephenson, Brain Tumor Parent & Ketogenic Diet Advocate
- Sherry Yafai, MD, Cannabis and Emergency Medicine Physician, Adjunct Associate Professor at John Wayne Cancer Institute
We’ll have just finished a trip to the US at the end of December so it was a tough call to miss more work and make another trip out during a peak Hong Kong travel week. At least until I saw the line-up, then I knew I had to go,
My goals for this conference:
- Absorb emerging research about metabolic cancer therapies and report back.
- Meet some of my long-time heroes in person, like Thomas Seyfried and conference organizers Dom D’Agostino and Angela Poff.
- Develop the opportunity to share my own success and learnings at a future conference.
Let me know if there are any specific questions you’d like me to bring to the conference!