[nutrition calories=”125″ carbs=”5.8″ protein=”2.0″ fat=”9.8″]
Gazpacho can be such an incredibly healing food. Just a bowl of vegetables served
- raw, so they have all their healing enzymes
- emulsified, so they’re easier to digest and the nutrients easier to absorb
Add the fact that it takes only 5 minutes to make and it’s been a refreshing staple all summer long.
Gazpacho traditionally uses bread for a hearty, creamy texture. I use avocado instead and it’s at least as good. If you want it heartier still, add some hemp seeds to the blender for extra protein and healthy fat.
In fact, this soup is perfect for customizing to make sure you hit your keto macros exactly. A few extra drinks of olive or flax seed oil will increase the fat without harming the flavor or texture. Or swap some tomato and pepper for extra cucumber and avocado or kale.
This soup is the perfect way to use up extra vegetables or take any powdered supplements. I regularly blend in leftover spinach or salad greens. Not only to I avoid food waste but it adds to the smoothness of the soup. It’s also a great vessel for a scoop of my daily mushroom powder.
- 2 organic cucumbers (430g), cut into chunks
- 3 organic tomatoes (370g), cut into chunks
- 1/2 avocado (70g), cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil (I like kyoord high-oleocanthal olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp each black peppercorns and salt, more or less to taste
- Optional garnish: hemp seeds, chopped vegetables, sprouts or microherbs
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish as desired.
Click here for 10% off your first purchase of a bottle of kyoord olive oil, sourced by a former cancer researcher to be especially rich in cancer-fighting polyphenols.