This is perhaps my favorite variation on the original cruciferous salad. We eat it at least once a week. This salad is a winner not only because it packs so much goodness into one bowl with minimal effort, but because it’s seriously delicious.
Brad and I split the entire recipe between us so the nutritional information reflects only 2 servings per recipe. You may be less glutinous. It’s a lot of chewing but so much good nutrition.
If you need more calories or protein, top with the nuts or seeds of your choice – flaxseeds, walnuts, sesame seeds and hemp seeds all go brilliantly with the flavors here. And obviously, mix up the veggies however you like. The magic is the dressing.
Based on the non-optional ingredients and amounts below. Always weigh and measure for yourself.
Calories – 215
Total Carbs – 18g
Fiber – 9g
Net Carbs – 9g
Protein – 11g
Fat – 13g
- 3 tbs organic tahini (I like Artisana raw, Kevala, or Ceres Organics)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 3 cloves raw garlic
- 1 tbs flaxseed oil (optional)
- 2-4 tbs distilled water, as needed
- 1 pinch mineral-rich salt (Himalayan or Celtic sea salt)
- 100 g organic kale (about 2 cups), chopped
- 150 g organic broccolini (about 2 cups), chopped
- 50 g organic cauliflower (about 1 cup), chopped
- 75 g organic red cabbage (about 1 cup), thinly sliced
- Dressing: Combine tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in a food processor and blend. Add flaxseed oil, if using, and season with salt. Add water as needed until desired consistency (about the viscosity of maple syrup) is reached.
- Salad: Combine kale, broccolini, cauliflower and cabbage in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Massage with your hands to soften the kale and ensure dressing is evenly distributed. Serve.